Sunday, August 29, 2010

The start of something good...

I just wanted to start off by saying I've wanted to have my own blog for FOREVER, but I just never felt the time was right.  I love looking at blogs. In fact, I could spend hours reading what's going on in various peoples' lives.  But it hasn't been until recently I felt I was ready to start my own.  Big changes will be happening to me this year & I feel this is a great way to document all of the excitement.  I am starting my LAST year at the University of Memphis, student teaching, & marrying my best friend. All in the next 9 months. Whoa baby! I'm so excited! I am hoping this blog will help me to better cherish all of these memories. So HERE WE GO!
----------------------------------
Today was what I could consider to be a perfect Sunday.


Jonathan[my AMAZING fiance] & I started the day at Highpoint Church.  I first found out about Highpoint in high school because this is where my uncle met his wife.  I went with them a couple of times in my teens and I came back randomly throughout my college years. But now I'm HOOKED!  It's a great place to worship and you can actually SEE God's working through the church. It's awesome. If you live in Memphis & haven't found a church yet I highly recommend checking it out.  You won't be disappointed.


The lead pastor, Chris, is doing a series called, "Love Works." Today he talked how all the commandments can basically be summed up into two...


 Love God. Love people.


"Love the Lord your God with all your heart &  with all your soul & with all your mind.  And Love your neighbor as yourself."-Matthew 22:37&39


I'm excited about my quiet times this week.  God definitely stirred me this morning & I can't wait to see what He is going to do.  I know the more I study, the more I will KNOW Him.  The more I know Him, the more I will LOVE Him.  And the more I LOVE Him, the more I will LOVE others.


Chris gave us 3 goals for the week.  They are:


  • Love ONE person in a specific way this week
  • Be kind to ONE stranger this week.
  • Invite ONE friend to church this week.
I'm going to make sure I accomplish all three this week.  See if you can too!

After church I was craving some mexican food. What's new. I could live on the stuff.  So we decided to eat at Swanky's.  I destroyed their chicken nachos but after we were wanting something sweet. We decided to try YoLo Frozen Yogurt.  This is not your typical yogurt place. It's self-serve which made it super fun! This was my creation:
Birthday cake & espresso soft serve with cookie dough, sprinkles, pecans, and chocolate chips! Wowza! It was delicious! After all the food I took a 2 hour nap & spent the rest of my day with my sister. 

Talk about about a perfect Sunday.  :)

1 comment:

Katie Bloemsma said...

I am so happy that you caved in and started your own... I also love reading blogs so you are now officially added to my read list! :)