Thursday, September 30, 2010

duck duck GOOSE

On days like today I love my job even more than usual.  I don't think I have mentioned this yet but I work at Christ the King Lutheran School as an after school care teacher.  I started working there in January of 2009 when one of my sorority sisters told me about a position that had just opened up.  I thought it would be a great opportunity to work with children in an elementary school setting. It was PERFECT for me, an Elementary Education major.  Since I've been there I have also been a summer camp counselor and a substitute.  I have gained SO much experience at CTK that  I know will come in handy when I have a classroom of my own.

Christ the King is a very small, private school [K-8].  It reminds me a lot of Fayette Academy, the private school I attended, because of how close everyone is.   I've had some awesome co-workers over the past two years.  I've gotten to work with a few sorority sisters,  Brent [a good friend of mine from the U of M], and even my sister, Brittany. But my favorite part  of my job is definitely THE KIDS! The are so much fun! They can always make me smile, even on my worst days. :)

Today was an especially GREAT day at CTK. The weather was absolutely perfect so we played outside ALL afternoon.  Here are some pictures I snapped on my phone today.

.
Here are my little cuties playing duck duck goose.


Here is an intense an game of Simon Says!

These are some of the Kindergartners.

 My sweet Jackson!

 Isn't he a doll?! Melts my heart :)

 Mr. Brent giving shoe tying lessons :)

This is Cameron, a 5th grader, before he had to leave for his cross country meet!

Hope y'all enjoyed this beautiful afternoon as much as I did! :)

No comments: