Sunday, September 26, 2010

"so how's wedding planning going?"

Lord have mercy. If I had a dime for every time someone has asked me that question....

And it's always a little embarrassing when I have to say I haven't really done ANY planning! I know most girls would have already dived in and started making decisions, but I keep thinking about how this is such an important day and I don't want to make any commitments yet! I see on Facebook that girls who got engaged after me have already gotten their dresses or gone registering and I feel like I should be getting things done too! So this week I decide to start envisioning what I wanted for my wedding, starting with COLORS!

I have been struggling with wedding colors for weeks now.  My favorite color is purple and before I got engaged I always thought purple would be one of my wedding colors.  But once I started looking at wedding blogs and websites I began to lean towards the blues, especially teal.  Last week one of my friends, Amy Smith, gave me a link to a wedding blog that showed a gorgeous teal, white, and pale green wedding. I FELL IN LOVE! I just love these colors together. Here are some pictures from that wedding:




I know the picture below is small but can you notice green apples in the centerpieces? I just LOVE this & will totally be stealing this idea for my reception!


I'm SO excited I FINALLY decided on my colors: Teal, white, & green :)

I have also changed photographers in the last week.  Betwixt & Between will now be doing my wedding photography and I could not be more excited! I loved the engagement pictures that Katie took and I can't imagine anyone else taking pictures on our wedding day.  Jon and I both feel so comfortable with her and I know she will do an amazing job! She just got her website up. Here is the link: Betwixt&Between.

Next thing on my list: WEDDING DRESS! I'll keep y'all posted :)

1 comment:

kennady said...

Some of the wedding pictures shared in this post were impressive. Credit goes to the organizer for the fantastic arrangements in the wedding reception. To plan this kind of wedding, the wedding planner iPhone apps will be useful for the newly engaged couples and willing to plan the wedding by themselves.