Friday, October 8, 2010

and the hunt begins

Tomorrow I am going wedding dress shopping for the first time. FINALLY! I'm so excited! I feel like once I get my dress I can start making lots of other decisions. And I know once I start trying on dresses its going to hit me: I'm REALLY getting married :) Yayyyy!

Since this is the first time I'm going to look at dresses, I really don't know what to expect.  There are SO many different styles: mermaid, trumpet, strapless, ball gown, a-line, sweetheart and the list goes on and on! SO many choices! I have no clue what will look good on my body type but I'm ready to experiment!  I do know somethings that I DO like and somethings that I do NOT like. Let's start with what I do like:

1. Lace.
I am obsessed with lace wedding gowns.  I think they give off a vintage feel that I just love.  So elegant and romantic. Seriously, LOVE them.  I would be really shocked if I don't come away with a lace dress.

Here are 3 lace dresses that I just love:
#1
I'm OBSESSED with this one!

gorgeous back
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
#2
i love the vintage feel. & awesome neckline.

another amazing back
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
#3
a little more "sexy" than the first two

but still sweet and romantic
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 2. Sweetheart neckline.
If I go with a strapless dress, I would like it to have a sweetheart neckline.  I think they are so flattering and I just like the look better than the straight across strapless dresses.

so sweet & simple

LOVE the flower on the back

this one is very romantic :)

Now let me show you what I do not like.  These styles may look GREAT on other girls, they are just not my style:

1. Ball Gowns.
Many girls want to look like a princess on their wedding day. I, on the other hand, do NOT! There is no way I could handle such a large dress.  I want to be able to move on my wedding day and feel comfortable in whatever dress I choose.

Pretty on this gal, but it's just not for me.

2. Too many"Pick ups".
I'm not even sure if that is right name for it.  I'm talking about the dresses that are so bunched together, it looks like the bride has a down comforter around her waist. Here is a picture explanation:

I'm not a fan.
 3. "Bling bling"
I'm not a fan of too much "bling" on a dress. I might could do few sparkles here and there. MAYBE.  I just don't want my dress to be too busy looking.  I'd much rather have a clean, simple style gown.

This dress has WAY too much sparkle for me! 

I'll keep y'all posted on how it goes tomorrow! :)

1 comment:

Julie said...

I Looooove lace too!
Good luck! Dress shopping was one of my favorite things while planning the wedding - behind cake tastings ofcourse :)
Good luck shopping!