Thursday, October 14, 2010

BURSTING into jubilant song.

Any of you ever experience what I can only describe as "church in the car"? Okay, I know this sounds REALLY strange. I'll explain.  Let me tell you about my drive to work today:

I am jamming out, just driving down I-40. My iPod is on shuffle and Mercy Me's I Can Only Imagine comes on.  I am singing along and BAM! The tears begin to fall. Before I know it they are pouring down my face.  I don't know if any of you have ever heard this song before but it is all bout this: what will you do when you meet Jesus in heaven?  Would you dance with joy? Would you fall to your knees in awe? Would you be frozen in His presence?  It so hard to comprehend.  I can't even begin imagine what it will be like to meet my Savior. And that is what this song is all about.  Doesn't matter how many times I hear it, I always cry like a baby EVERY time.

Now the song has ended, but I still have this spiritual high going on. 
I need more.  So I turn to one of my all time favorite Christian bands: Third Day.  I put it on their song Love Song.  I am singing, then I'm crying.  Then I'm singing AND crying.  I forgot how powerful songs can be.  Third Day's Love Song is Jesus' love song to us.  It's as if He is singing the song right to you.  This song is about the amazing, unconditional love Christ has for us.  That there is NOTHING He would not do to prove His love for us, even dying on the cross to save us from our sins. Unbelievable.  

"Church in the car" experiences remind me that my God is always with me. Today I was reminded of the unconditional love my Savior has for me and what He went through so I might spend eternal life with Him. Wow. Sometimes God speaks to you in the strangest places.  Driving down I-40 for example. :)

Below are both songs.  The first is I Can Only Imagine.  The second is Love Song. If you have never heard them before take a minute and give them a listen.  And next time your in your car and don't know what to listen to put on a favorite Christian song.  Listen to the lyrics. Meditate on the words.  And SING! 

After all it says in Psalms 98: "Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth, burst into jubilant song with music!" :)


1 comment:

Abbey said...

So, I also started crying because of a song on my way to school Thursday morning. Not exactly the same reason as you (my hormones make me crazy)however, I also get very emotional when I hear Mercy Me. Also, I posted the blog challenge for you if you want to join. Love you!!