Friday, November 26, 2010

Day 24: Something you've learned.


This past year I learned: to trust in the Lord with ALL my heart and give my worries over to Him.

Growing up ALL I ever wanted was to be a wife and a mother.  I dreamed of finding "the one", marrying him, and starting a family. My plan was to get married at 22 and have a child a year or two later. Well, last September I was pretty frustrated that I was 23 and NO where close to finding Mr. Right.

It was usually the same story: I liked a guy, spent time analyzing whether or not he could be the one and usually went on a few dates. At some point  I realized that he could not be the one I was waiting for and the relationship ended. This cycle was extremely discouraging.  So last September I decided enough was enough. I couldn't handle this on my own.  I need to give to God and seek His will regarding my future husband. That night I prayed and asked God to take control of this part of my life.  I told him I trusted Him and that even if I am not meant to be married, I know His plan for me is greater than my own. 

That last part was SO hard to say, in fact, I know I had tears were rolling down my face as I prayed.  Of course I wanted to fall in love and get married, but I knew God's plan and my plan could be very different.  I just kept reminding myself of Romans 8:28, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose." So I let Him have control and I stopped obsessing over it. I was such a relief to let it go.

Luckily about three months after I gave God control of my love life, He blessed me more than I could have ever have imagined.  I am so honored God chose me to be Jonathan's wife. He is truly my best friend and my perfect match. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him. :)

I have now learned that when I am overwhelmed with something going on in my life, I should give it over to Him because He loves me and has a plan for my life.

"Caste all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you."- 1 Peter 5:7

No comments: