Thursday, April 28, 2011

365 Chicken: Recipe 1

My sweet man's favorite food is chicken. So I was totally stoked when I came across this old school cookbook at a discount bookstore in Millington for just 6 bucks! 365 chicken dishes. Jonathan's tummy will be so happy :)


As I try these recipes, I will post some of my favorites on here.  Last night I picked out a recipe that sounded tasty & easy to make for dinner for dad, mom, and myself. The recipe I made is called: Bake Chicken Reuben. The recipe looked simple and I LOVE Reuben sandwiches, so I thought it was a great recipe to start off with!

{365 Chicken: Recipe 1}

Bake Chicken Reuben

Ingredients:
-Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
-1/4 teaspoon of salt
-1/8 teaspoon of pepper
-1 can (16 ounces) sauerkraut, well drained
-Swish cheese
-Thousand Island dressing
Preheat your oven to 325.
Place chicken in a greased baking pan. 
Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
Spoon sauerkraut over chicken.
Arrange cheese slices over sauerkraut.

Pour dressing evenly over top.
Cover pan with aluminum foil.
Bake about 1.5 (it didn't take mine that long to cook).

Right out of the oven!

Delicious dinner! :)

Oh & I'm so pumped that my parent's elliptical came in today! Ready to get some good workouts in before the BIG day. :)
 Tomorrow is my last day of Student Teaching & I get to go on a field trip with my sweet fifth graders! I'm so excited! :)

No comments: