Thursday, June 30, 2011

Colossians 3:23-24

The good Lord has called me to teach. Of that I have no doubt. And even though teaching can be very stressful and difficult, I am glad it is the path He has laid before me. My career will give me the opportunity truly serve Him & others every single day. And through teaching, God can mold me into the woman He wants me to be.  

Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

{Also known as} The fruits of the spirit. All of which I consider necessary to be a truly GREAT teacher. I'm excited to see how God will use my experiences this year to make me more fruitful. Man. I get SO excited every time I think about it!

I've been thinking about Colossians 3:23-24 non-stop lately. It says:

“Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Remember that the Lord will give you an inheritance as your reward, and that the Master you are serving is Christ. —Colossians 3:23-24

Whenever I start to doubt myself & think I can't do it, this verse is my motivation. EVERYthing I do in that classroom is for the glory of God. I will give 110% everyday because I AM working for the Lord. 

He gave me the passion to teach. 
He wanted me to teach Kindergarten at HES. 
He believes I can make a difference in the lives of my students.
He believes in me. 

And I'm not going to let Him down....

2 comments:

Stephanie Taylor said...

Hey Valerie,
Not sure if you will remember me or not, but we went to Jr. High together! I too went to school to be an elementary school teacher and absolutely love teaching children. I know you are excited about becoming a Kindergarten teacher so, Congratulations! The school that I teach at is looking for additional tutors for a variety of grade levels and subject areas. If you are interested let me know and I can give you some more details. :) Again, CONGRATULATIONS on becoming a Kindergarten teacher!
Steph

Anonymous said...

you are really a just right webmaster. The web site loading velocity is incredible.
It sort of feels that you are doing any distinctive trick.
Moreover, The contents are masterwork. you have done a fantastic process on this subject!


Here is my weblog; best cellulite treatment