Friday, June 3, 2011

make your own SALSA!

My favorite food without a doubt is salsa. I could eat it all day long. When my aunt gave an awesome food processor as a wedding gift and I knew the first thing I would use it for: homemade SALSA! I'm obsessed with this recipe. The consistency is perfect and it's oh so tasty. :)


Salsa Recipe: 
(Yield: About 6 cups)

28-ounce can whole tomatoes (peeled) with juice
2 10-ounce cans Rotel (diced tomatoes with green chilies)
¼ cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 jalepeƱo, quartered and sliced thin
½ cup cilantro
Juice from a fresh lime
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon granulated sugar
¼ teaspoon ground cumin

-Add all ingredients to a food processor.
-Pulse until you get desired consistency. 
-Refrigerate for at least one hour.


Enjoy :)

No comments: