Friday, June 10, 2011

Our Magical Honeymoon::Part One.

When I was a kid, my grandfather lived in Florida. His house was about a hour away from Disney, so every time we visited him we ALWAYS had to go to the Disney theme parks.

I've been to Disney World more times than I can count.  But when it came time to choose a destination for our honeymoon I knew exactly where I wanted to go.

The most MAGICAL place on earth of course ;)

I'm a total Disney fanatic. 
The movies. The music. The theme parks. 
I'm obsessed. 
Oh and I DARE anyone to challenge me in Disney trivia. 
I'm the master. Just ask my friends. 
So it was only fitting that Jonathan & I start out of lives together in a place that means so much to me. 

My next few blog posts are going to be dedicated to our magical honeymoon at Walt Disney World! I will give you a day-by-day account of our wonderful trip starting with the first couple of days.

*Our First Night*
After we left the church we stopped by Jonathan's parents house to change clothes then we headed to Memphis. We spent our first night as husband & wife at the Hilton.



*Day One*
We boarded a plane to Orlando early the next day. We got there about noon. What is so awesome about staying at one of the Disney Resorts is that they do EVERYthing for you! So we didn't have to wait for our bags :) We hopped on the Magical Express {Disney's transportation system} & headed to our resort.

We stayed at Disney's Boardwalk Villas because it was highly recommended by one of my dad's friends. One thing I love about Disney's resorts is how each one has its own theme. The Boardwalk Resort is designed after the boardwalks that were famous at the turn of the 20th century like: Coney Island, NY & Atlantic City, NJ. 

This resort is AMAZING! So beautiful and a ton FUN! There were tons of shops, restaurants, bars, & nightclubs on the boardwalk so we had plenty of things we could do after we got back from the parks at night. The best part was definitely the location. We were walking distance from both EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. And we could see the EPCOT fireworks every night from our balcony. It was amazing :) Here are some of the pictures of the resort:

 The lobby


 A Candy Shop on the Boardwalk.
 One side of the boardwalk.
Our resort.


ESPN Club.

After we checked into the resort we walked over to EPCOT. HGTV was having a flower festival there so it was absolutely beautiful! We had a great day! 
 Beautiful flowers EVERYwhere!









 We had a delicious dinner at the San Angel Inn restaurant in "Mexico". You can't tell from this picture, but the inside of this restaurant is gorgeous!

We were on the Disney Dining Plan so all of our meals were already paid for. It made it SO easy! We just gave them our room key after every meal! 

Disney fireworks are the best!

Stay turned for Part Two of our honeymoon! :)

No comments: