Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Bubble Up Enchiladas

I've had this recipe for Bubble Up Enchiladas pinned on Pinterest for months & last night I finally made it!
It was a major hit with me & the mister. It is delicious, easy, & much healthier than your typical enchiladas!

Here's what you'll need:
1 pound {I used 1.2 lb.} ground turkey
1 {10 ounce} can of enchilada sauce
1 {8 ounce} can tomato sauce
1 can of reduced fat biscuits
1 1/2 cups reduced fat cheese

Recipe serves 6-8

Here's what you'll do:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Brown turkey & drain if needed.
{I seasoned my turkey meat with cumin, chili powder, salt, & pepper.}

Mix in the can of enchilada sauce & the can of tomato sauce.

Cut the biscuits in fourths.

And add them to the meat mixture.
Then you just dump the whole thing into a greased casserole dish {I used a 9x13}.

Bake for 25 minutes. Take it out & sprinkle the cheese on top & bake for 10 more minutes.
Let it cool for 5 minutes before digging in.
It will look a little something like this when you take it out of the oven.
 It looks kinda crazy, but I promise it is so SO good!

& the leftovers made a yummy lunch today.
Mmmm mmm

Wanna know what makes this recipe even more wonderful?
It is a Weight Watchers recipe!
390 calories per servings. Absolutely awesome.
I will be making bubble up enchiladas over & over again :)

Tonight I'm trying a recipe I've dying to try for a looooong time.
I'm making spaghetti squash! Stay tuned to see how it turns out!

No comments: