To say I love this macaroni and cheese is an understatement.
I made it three times in a week. Yep. THREE! It's sooooo good!
It's so delicious & extremely easy! And I just love using my crock pot.
Plus this recipe is from Ms. Paula Dean, so you know its good. ;)
Paula Dean's Crock Pot Mac & Cheese
2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (an 8-ounce box isn't quite 2 cups)
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, cut into pieces
2 1/2 cups (about 10 ounces) grated Cheddar cheese (Plus a bit more to sprinkling on top)
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup sour cream
1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed "Campbell's" Cheddar cheese soup
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup whole milk
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Boil the macaroni in a 2 quart saucepan in plenty of water until tender, about 7 minutes.(Add a pinch of salt to the water, to ensure the pasta does not stick together.)
3. In a medium saucepan, mix butter and cheese together, until it is melted together.
4. In a slow cooker, combine cheese/butter mixture and add the eggs, sour cream, cheddar cheese soup, salt, milk, mustard and pepper and stir well.
5. Add drained macaroni and stir again
6. Set the slow cooker on the low setting and cook for 3 hours, stirring occasionally. (It really doesn't have to cook this long. The second time I made it, I only let it cook for a little less than two hours and it was just as good!)
7. Uncover, and (optional) add another 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese on top, in the last 20 minutes of cooking.