Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Crafting: Card holder.

I have been in MAJOR need of a Christmas card holder for weeks now. I never found anything I liked in stores, so I called up Mackenzie & we decided to create something!

Our inspiration was this from Lauren at Dreams Take Flight.
Cute, right?!

So Saturday morning we gathered our canvases, paint, ribbon & got to work.
 I have terrible handwriting, so I painted & cut ribbon while Mac wrote... :)
 The finished product! We were pleased! :)

I BARELY fit all the cards on. Next year I'm going to have to add longer ribbon. 
But, I LOVE IT!

Can't wait to get crafty with Mac again soon :)

8 comments:

Molly said...

LOVE this idea!! I hope you don't mind if I steal this for next year!!

July said...

CUTE idea!!! I'm definitely stealing this for next year!

Pamela said...

Ohh I love it!! So cute! I need to do something like that next year!

lauren @ crazy ever after said...

I just made something very similar to this. I love how yours turned out! Isn't it fun getting Christmas cards??

Shannon Marie said...

I am in love with this idea! :) Thanks so much for the inspiration! I'll have to make this next year & for my mom!

lori said...

i love that! my cards are all stuck on the fridge... which will work for this year because i have run out of time, but i definitely want to do something like this next year.

Amy Nix said...

Very cute idea! I had the same trouble with no where to put our cards either, so I decided to go with a Christmas Card Tree! I absolutely love it! :)

Sarah said...

super cute!!