Friday, January 20, 2012

Book Club

This is my very first time to link up to Blonde...Undercover Blonde's Book Club Link-up!
I plan to do a good bit of reading in 2012, so hopefully I'll be linking up a lot this year :)

You may remember that one of my goals for 2012 is to read {at least} one book a month. Well, I finished my first one last week: Janet Evanowich's One for the Money. I really enjoyed it! Good story & I loved the main character, Stephanie Plum. The movie version comes out next Friday!
The trailer looks great and I can't wait to see how it compares to the book!

Since it only took me two weeks to read One for the Money, I started on a second book for January, the next book in the series: Two for the Dough. I bought it along with the third book {Three To Get Deadly} on sale at Target this week.
I'm about five chapters in & I'm loving it so far! 

If you haven't gotten into the Stephanie Plum books yet, I highly suggest them.
There are eighteen books in the series, so I have a long way to go!

Happy Friday! :)

16 comments:

P!nky said...

I will totally look for those at the library or target. I tried to find them for my kindle (free in the library) but no dice. Thanks for the suggestions!


happy friday xoxo

Heather said...

Oh my gosh, I have heard SUCH good things about this series and for some reason have never read it. I think I will now. Thanks for sharing!

Amy Nix said...

I'm really glad you enjoyed it! This series is one of my favorites! Jess & I already have plans to see the movie next Friday.....so excited! We'll probably eat @ Humdginer's again. :)

Victoria said...

i just heard this movie was based on this series of books :)

they sound fun!

Page Twenty-Two said...

I had no idea this movie was based on the Janet books! A lot of my friends have read the series and loved them! I will have to check it out:) Happy Friday!

Britt @ The Magnolia Pair said...

Gave you a blogger award today girl ! Happy Friday !

xo. britt
www.themagnoliapair.com

Leslie said...

I have heard great things about these!! I will add them to my reading list :)

Whitney said...

I've read Janet K's books for a few years now, and she is such a good writer. I want to see that movie too :)

Tiffany said...

I am always looking for good books to read. Thanks for the new ideas!

Vicki said...

I read so far up to I think book 4 ... so I have a ways to go as well :) Love them though!

Jill @ ACharmedLife said...

I am always looking for new downloads for my kindle...thank you for the good advice :) :) and with 18 books, i am sure this will take me a while to get thru! have a great weekend xx

Ari- Audrey Onassis said...

I'm reading Two for the Dough right now! These books are so fun!

Meg {henninglove} said...

one of my coworkers has been obsessed with these books. everyday she would finish one she would come and tell me about it. now i don't have to read the books i know exactly what they are about!

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

These books don't look like my style at all, but so many people gush about them! I want to read the first one before the movie ruins it for me! ;)

Jenn said...

I'm always looking for reading suggestions!! These sound awesome- thanks for sharing.

Sarah E. said...

I wish Katherine Heigl wasn't the lead, but I really want to start this series asap. I got the 2nd book for the BUB Book Swap and got the first when Borders shutdown. The trailer does look really good!

Good luck with your reading goals this year :)