Monday, January 2, 2012

Our New Years Eve Weekend

 I really couldn't think of a better way to start the new year than a three day weekend with my husband.

Friday
I started out my NYE weekend with lunch & shopping with my sister.
I picked up a some jewelry, a case for my Kindle Fire, & a gift for a friend.

That evening we had a dinner & movie date. We saw Steven Spielberg's War Horse.
And it was wonderful. Such a sweet & touching story. I may have even cried a bit.
It has that old movie feel to it. A Gone with the Wind type film. And I LOVE old movies.
We will definitely be purchasing it when comes out on blu-ray.

Saturday
We started the day with PANCAKES :)
Then it was time to run. It was a beautiful day in Memphis, so I decided to do my first outdoor run since I  started training {I've just been running on the treadmill}. I really nervous about it! I wasn't sure that I would be able to run as well outside as I'd been doing on the treadmill.
Well I was very pleasantly surprised to see this when I finished my run...
Not only did I run faster outside, it was a lot more fun! :)

That afternoon we had an Entourage season 7 marathon.
We love this show & can't wait for the final season to come out on dvd!

That evening was very low-key. We aren't the "going out" type & we don't drink, so a night in with movies & good food is our idea of a perfect New Year's Eve. We enjoyed a candle lit dinner of Chinese take-out & cupcakes, danced to John Mayer in the kitchen, and watched one of my all time favorite movies. Then, I was a major party pooper & fell asleep at 10:30. But don't worry, I got my New Years kiss Sunday morning :)
And while many of you wore fabulous sequined dresses for NYE, I rocked Victoria Secret sweat pants, my favorite Star Wars t-shirt, & a scrunchie.
Yes, a scrunchie :)

Sunday
We didn't do anything super exciting on Sunday, but it was a very productive day.
I did laundry, cleaned out my car, put up the Christmas decorations, created a meal plan for the week & went grocery shopping. Felt good to get some things done & start out the week with a clean house & a full frig!

Monday
Jonathan is home today & I'm REALLY enjoying it. We are about to eat lunch & watch some football.
I am looking forward to a day of laziness with my love. :)

Hope y'all had a fabulous NYE weekend! 

18 comments:

Michelle P said...

Sounds like a good weekend!

Sarah said...

Love Gigi's!! We stayed in as well :)..and I fell asleep at 11!

Sarah said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend! I wear a scrunchie to bed every night :)

Hannah said...

That sounds like the perfect New Year's :)

Emma said...

I felt the same way-- the last scene of War Horse was VERY Gone With the Wind-esque! Sounds like y'all had a great weekend!

Anna said...

I love When Harry Met Sally. Good job on your run! I hope you have a wonderful Monday with your husband. Happy New Year!

P!nky said...

I LOVE big weekend breakfasts!!! Soooo delish! I can't wait to see War Horse!

Hope you have a great week!

xoxo

Kristen said...

Sounds like a good NYE to me!

We aren't really into going out either but we'll go out to a restaurant to eat and usually back to someone's house for the night. It's how I like it. :)

Morgan Neal said...

Sounds identical to ours. Chinese & we made a cake! Yum!

Healthy Branscoms said...

Love your blog! :) I became a new follower! :) Erin

Jessica said...

That sounds like a perfectly good NYE to me! It feels good to have a 3-day weekend with your hubby doesn't it? I got to have one this weekend too!

Kristin said...

Quiet nights at home are often the best!!

Rachel said...

Umm HELLO Gigi's! My favorite. That right there makes the whole weekend worthwhile. Isn't it so nice sometimes to just have nothing at all to do except spend time with the significant other? So refreshing. So glad y'all had a wonderful weekend...oh and the dancing in the kitchen to John Mayer--melt my heart! Hope you have a fabulous week, sweet girl!

kaity said...

umm, Gigi's cupcakes and War Horse??? this is officially th emost awesome post ever. and I agree with you about the movie - it definitely has that old movie feel to it, which I think is part of why I loved it so much. I'm definitely an old Hollywood kind of gal. :]

Cristie Young said...

I love that you had a relaxing New Year's Eve. I cannot get over how much of similar taste we have! Have a great day Valerie

Samantha said...

lovin your shirt

Ashlee @ They Lived Happily Ever After... said...

Um, you are the cutest! Love your blog!!! Followed you back!

Ashlee @ They Lived Happily Ever After... said...

Um, you are the cutest! Love your blog!!! Followed you back!