Friday, February 17, 2012

Book Club: True Colors


Hey ladies! I finally finished Kristen Hannah's True Colors & I'm ready to share it with y'all!
This book to me longer to read that usual. Not because I didn't enjoy it, 
but because it was SUPER long. Almost 500 pages! 

Here is the synopsis: 
The Grey sisters had only each other when their mother died years ago. Their stern, unyielding father gave them almost no attention. Winona, the oldest, needs her father’s approval most of all. An overweight dreamer, she never felt at home on the sprawling horse ranch that had been in her family for three generations. Aurora, the middle, is the peacemaker. Vivi Ann, the youngest, is the undisputed star of the family. Everything comes easily to Vivi Ann, her father’s love most of all. But when Vivi Ann makes a fateful decision to follow her heart, rather than take the route of a dutiful daughter, events are set in motion that will test the love and loyalties of the Grey sisters. They will be pitted against each other in ways none could have imagined. Secrets will be revealed, and a terrible, shocking crime will shatter both the family and their beloved town. With breathtaking pace and penetrating insight, Kristin Hannah’s True Colors is a novel about sisters, vengeance, jealousy, betrayal—and ultimately, what it truly means to be a family.

What I thought:
Kristen Hannah is a wonderful author. In fact, she is one of my favorites. Even though True Colors probably isn't my favorite book that she has written, I really enjoyed it. It was really good story with wonderful characters! 

13 comments:

Heather said...

What is your favorite book by Kristen Hannah? I'm interested!

Jenn said...

I've been interested in reading something by Kristen Hannah but I haven't gotten a chance yet! Thanks for the review!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

what an interesting read!

CMae said...

I haven't read any by her ( i don't think) 500 would take me a little while too!

Wiz said...

I have only read two Kristin Hannah books and this was one. I loved it and was happy with the ending! I plan to read more of hers!

Shoshanah said...

I keep her about this. I've yet to read a Kristin Hannah books, but she's definitely on my list of authors I want to read.

Victoria said...

i adore kristan hannah, i liked this book too,made me cry :)

i have her newest one on my "to-be-read-next" pile actually and i am excited.

happy weekend!

Jenn @ PSP said...

I love when people post book reviews! I'm always looking for new reads. Kristin Hannah has always looked good but I don't think her books are ever in stock at the library, so...I guess that says it all ; )

Jenn

passengerseatperspectives.blogspot.com

Faith said...

That sounds like such a good read!

Denise said...

This is going on my list of must reads!

Leslie said...

Sounds really good!! Added to my list of must-reads :)

Nicholl Vincent said...

I'm looking for a great, tear-jerking book. Suggestions?

Danmark said...

This story about 3 sisters was a trite read, I thought. I come from a family of 4 sisters and I have to say that the characters were not authentic or real to me from the very beginning. On the contrary, they seemed forced and plastic as they went through their soap opera storyline. Why does there always have to be a "successful" sister, an ugly sister, a sensible sister and a gorgeous sister--or something along those lines. In my experience, sisters all have elements of all of those things and their levels and roles change with age, experiences and growth. There are no clear character or physical definitions that are as simple as "sisters" books paint.

So, the fat sister is also the successful sister. The sensible but plain sister is, of course, the middle child. The beautiful and risk taking sister is the youngest. Hmmm.... The hunky love interest falls for the youngest sister, although the fat sister is in love with him. The young beauty falls for the "no good" dark character.