Friday, February 3, 2012

Running Update

I've gotten a few emails & comments asking me how my half marathon training is going,
 so I wanted to do a quick update!

The past few weeks, I've been running really well. However; it felt like it was becoming a chore. Something I really had to force myself to do. I hadn't been enjoying like I used to when I first started.

Since this weekend's forecast showed rain, I decided to do my long run on Thursday. Boy, was I dreading it. Again, I had to force myself to run. The goal was=6. But I told myself if I did 4, I would be happy. I just was NOT in the mood to run. 

Then, look what I ended up doing...
8 miles! My farthest yet!

It was SUCH a great run. I didn't want to stop. This run was just the boost I needed in my training!

So, what was different about this run?
1. I ran a different route.
I think the change of scenery was just what I needed! 
2. I started out at a slower pace.
The past week or so I've been so concerned about speed. But Thursday I told myself my time didn't matter. I just wanted to RUN. I started out at a very comfortable pace that I was able to maintain. I was able to enjoy the run so much more when I didn't focus on my time!

Of course, I had to text my husband as soon as I finished. Loved his response....
haha! Love that man :)

Only 84 more days until the half marathon! 

19 comments:

Brittany said...

Wow!! Look at you! I'm impressed. And yall's conversation made me smile :)

Ashlee @ They Lived Happily Ever After... said...

Go on wichya bad self!

Sarah said...

Look at you go...yay!!

Emily said...

Aww how sweet!! Your mini marathon training is inspiring... I ran 2 miles on the treadmill last night but I'm going to aspire to do more each time! Thanks for the motivation!!

Sunkissed and Southern said...

haha that is cute. im glad yours is before mine!

Whitney said...

good job!!! Those little unexpected boosts are the best!

Tamara said...

You go girl! I'm slowly building up to a 5K, and I too, feel like it is a chore sometimes! Your 8 miles definitely inspires me to reach my little 3, haha!

Anna said...

Good job on the run!

Andrea said...

Wow, sooo great! I love that feeling of victory after pushing through!

Delta Daisies said...

you and J are just like me and Sam. He always said he would NEVER run a day in his life...and now he is running! ;) I love it! I'm not quite to 8 miles yet, but i'm getting there.

Emma said...

1. What a great goal to have! I want to run a marathon eventually if my knees will let me!
2. Congrats on 8 miles! You go girl!! That is sooo awesome! I could not imagine running 8 miles and I have always ran (for fun). I've only gotten to 5 miles though..and that is on a REALLY good day! LoL
3. I love that text...definitely made me smile :)
Have a great wknd!!

TaraR said...

What an accomplishment...AND just when you least expected it!!! Congrats!

I'm trying to start running, I always dread it and I can only do a measly 2.5 miles (terrible I know). How long did it take you to bump it up and how did you do it?

My Daily Journey to Share said...

Wow look at that pace time. Awesome!! Great job Erica

Pamela said...

Wow! That's great :) how exciting!! We are thinking of doing a 5K at the end of October. First one ever!! We shall see :) Love yalls conversation! So sweet!

Crissy B. said...

That is AWESOME! Wish I had that discipline.... :o)

Molly said...

Thats SO awesome!!! I so wish I could do that but genetically I don't think I'm made to! lol

kellee said...

That is amazing! I'm super excited for you :)

Can't wait to see you finish your goal :)

La Belle Coeur

Jill @ ACharmedLife said...

wowza- u killed it girl!!

AllieFay said...

Wow, I'm totally jealous of your pace. I wish I could run that fast! What half-marathon are you running? The nashville St. Jude?