Monday, February 20, 2012

Weekend Fun!

Friday
Friday night we went to the Memphis Grizzlies' game with one of Jonathan's friends from the gym, his wife, & their four-year-old son. The game was so exciting and the Grizz pulled out the win with just seconds left on the clock. It was SO fun! We had a great time!
About to head to McAlister's to get some dinner before the game.

Even though we had already had dinner, my husband had to get some BBQ nachos at the game.
I may have stolen a couple :) Super yummy!

Go Grizz!

After they hit the game winning shot with .2 seconds left!
 I was a little excited! :)

The crowd going WILD after the game! Yay Grizz!

Saturday
Saturday we slept in and were lazy around the house all morning. After lunch we hit the gym for a quick workout. That night we had another double date. Yup, two doubles in a row! SO FUN! :) 
We went to see This Means War with Crissy & Brian!

Jonathan & Brian have known each other since they were kids & I hung about with Brian a lot during our freshman year of college, but this was my first time to really hanging out with Crissy! She is super sweet and I'm already looking forward to more double dates in our future :) Visit Crissy's blog, it is so cute!

And, This Means War was so great! Funny & super cute! I definitely recommend it!


 After the movie we wanted something sweet, so we got some fro-yo :)
Crissy & I at Yolo. It was such a fun double date! We had a blast :)

When we got home I was exhausted, so I went to sleep & Jonathan played some XBOX.  
At about 2am I woke up with a major case of the munchies!
 So Jonathan & I split a pizza in the middle of the night. And it was delicious! haha

Sunday
After church on Sunday we headed out to Oakland to celebrate Jonathan's brother's "Gotcha Day".  The Griffins adopted Matthew when Jon was 12. He has been a Griffin for 14 years! :) Love you, Matthew!
{Matthew & Jonathan at our wedding.}

Lunch that day was DELICIOUS!
This was just one of the TWO plates of food I ate! Then for dessert I had 2 pieces of cake, ice cream, AND a brownie! Y'all, my appetite has been CRAZY lately. I guess it is all the running that is making me so hungry?!

Before we went back to Memphis we stopped by my parents' house to visit them for a little bit. It is always great to see them! :) Once we got back to our house the rest of the day was filled with cuddling on the couch & watching television.  It was a very relaxing evening and the perfect ending to a busy & fun-filled weekend!

Hope y'all had a great weekend! :)

23 comments:

Rachel said...

I just love your weekend recaps...always so fun! Looks like y'all had a great weekend together. Can't wait to see that movie--glad you recommend it! Hope your week is going well, sweet girl. Blessed by you!

sarah@totalbassetcase.com said...

What a fun weekend! You look gorge in that first picture! And I really love that you guys had a party pizza in the middle of the night...I think I could live on those things!

Emma said...

Sounds like you had a fab wknd!! I can't wait to see This Means War and I am glad you thought it was good...makes me not so worried about it. Lol So cool about you and Crissy (I already commented on her post telling her that lol), but seriously.

I definitely laughed reading that you had the munchies in the middle of the night...too funny!

Have a great day girl! Xo

Kristin said...

The fact that you two split a pizza in the middle of the night cracks me up!

Leslie said...

I can't wait to see that movie! So glad to hear yall liked it :)
When I run a lot I eat all the time too. I actually GAINED weight when I started training for my first half marathon a couple years ago!

Brekke said...

What a fun weekend! Happy Gotcha Day to your brother in law! :)

Whitney said...

Looks like y'all had an amazing weekend!

And yes, I was too pumped when the Grizz pulled out a win too!

Rachel Larson said...

You always have such fabulous weekends! Jealous! All that food just made me really hungry, so thanks! haha :)

Lindsay @ Trial By Sapphire said...

That looks like one heck of a fun weekend, V! Glad you had a great time and took photos to document it all... and show us here. :-)

Ariane said...

What a fun weekend! I love that you had two double dates this weekend. I'll definitely check out Crissy's blog. Have a good week! :)

Pamela said...

You are so cute! I love your hair! Yum, all the yummy food!! Glad you had a fun weekend :)

Faith said...

Yum, what a tasty wknd you had! I am excited to see that movie! Have a fab week!

Amy Collins {Fresh and Fancy} said...

Glad you had a good weekend girl! The "Gotcha Day" is such a sweet idea - love that! He's precious!

Jill @ ACharmedLife said...

hahah, love that you woke up at 2am with the munchies ;) pizza always tastes better at 2am. glad you had such a fun wknd! happy monday!!

dreaming en francais said...

Sounds like a great weekend, basketball games are so much fun to go to. And that lunch looks beyond yummy! xo

http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com

Caroline said...

You had me at YoLo and BBQ nachos! Yum!

TaraR said...

Too funny! I follow Crissy's blog & it is super cute! Looks like a fab weekend, still lovin' that scarf ;)

Tiffany said...

What a fun weekend!!! I love that y'all celebrate his gotcha day...so sweet.

lori said...

how was this means war? i was wanting to see that, but my hubs didnt think it looked that great- so i've been looking for opinions.

i've been working out and STARVING all the time... its ridiculous. and kinda defeats the purpose of working out if i don't want myself.

Denise said...

Looks like so much fun!

Flip Flops on Fifth said...

What a fun weekend! That lunch looks amazing. I'm hungry now.

Jessica @ Lovely Little Things said...

Oh cute grey scarf you have on there!
I might just have to pick one up..
Oh wait, I WON one from you ;)

LOVE IT!
You're so cute, by the way.

Hope you had a great Monday, girl!
xo

Sarah said...

What a great weekend!