Monday, March 19, 2012

The Ultimate Wedding Week: Engagement Pictures


The Ultimate Wedding Week Link Party has arrived & today's topic is: Engagement Pictures!

Shortly after getting engaged my mother & I made list of possible photographers and finally narrowed it down to who we thought was the best fit for us. Well, we met with the lady and she was awesome. We went a head and signed a contract & gave her a deposit. We had found our photographer! 

Or so we thought....

Well, a couple of weeks letter I got a call from one of my sorority sisters, Katie Betts. She told me she had just gotten an awesome new camera and was wondering if she could take some photos {FOR FREE} of Jonathan & I to build her portfolio. I thought, "why not?!" Free pictures! Plus, it would be great practice before we take our "real engagements pictures" with our photographer.

We had the best time taking the pictures! Katie was so great to work with! & it was so nice to have a FRIEND taking the pictures! We had so much fun running around Germantown, TN taking pictures!

Once we saw the pictures that Katie took, we immediately decided we wanted her to be our photographer! We called and cancelled with the other lady & the rest is history! Katie has been such a successful photographer in the Memphis area! Since our engagement shoot she has done many weddings, newborn pictures, & family sessions. I'm so proud of her! 
{And she recently got engaged herself! Yay! Congrats Katie!}

So, that is enough chit-chat! Here are our engagements pictures!




































Hope you enjoyed! :)

Now, head on over to Just a Touch of Gray & link up your engagement pictures!

And here is the schedule for the rest of the Link Party:

37 comments:

lori said...

gorgeous pictures!!

Amanda said...

Love your pictures! Too cute :)

P!nky said...

Your pictures are so precious! You can feel the LOVE you have for each other!

xoxo

The Presutti's said...

Awesome pictures. Having a photographer you feel comfortable with is the best thing ever :)

Jessica @ Lovely Little Things said...

I love these!
You're gorgeous and you guys look great together!

xo

Anna said...

aw, those are so fun! I love how you got to go barefoot for the first set. :)

Laura said...

such cute and fun pictures! I cant wait to see the pictures from your wedding!

Marci @ a smile a day said...

I absolutely love your engagement pics, it looks like y'all had a blast! My fiance & I are taking ours next weekend & I am getting so nervous. I am excited but he hates taking pictures so I have no idea how it is going to go. I need to start looking up stuff on Pinterest!

Erin said...

Adorable!!! :) We had so much fun w/ our engagement pics and it looks like you guys did too! :)

Brittany said...

What beautiful photos!! Love your pink dress!

Laurie @ Rookiewife520.blogspot.com said...

Love these pictures! I may have to participate in this! Such a fun idea!

Megan {Tales of an HBS Wife} said...

gorgeous! It looks like you had so much fun!

Amanda said...

You look absolutely beautiful in all of your pictures, VALERIE! I am so sorry I wrote the wrong name.. I'm so embarrassed, seriously, please forgive me! The post is fixed, so you know ;) Anyways, gorgeous girl!
Thanks for the link-up opportunity!

Courtney said...

I love these pictures!! I love your dress. Your photographer did a great job!

Caroline said...

Gorgeous engagement pics!

Cindy Aparbal said...

Hi, love your blog would love to see you following me at http://cincity26.blogspot.com/ Happy blogging!

Jill @ ACharmedLife said...

such sweet photos valerie :) you and the hubby are too cute!

Kate said...

These are gorgeous!

Amanda said...

Oh my gosh! I'm smiling and crying these photos are so amazing! :) The exact afternoon pick me up that I needed! Thanks for sharing, Val!!!

the lovebirds said...

what adorable pictures! all great shots! xo

Anna said...

Love your engagement photos especially the one with your initials!!!

Rachel said...

You are SO GORGEOUS! I love these pics...you can tell that y'all had a blast taking them. What a precious couple!!!

momto8 said...

beautiful pictures of love!!

Allyson said...

Your pictures are incredible!

Allyson
http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

Kristen said...

Adorable! :)

Katie said...

Your photos are absolutely gorgeous! I absolutely LOVE all the color. You both look so happy! (I love your whole blog, too!)

Ashlee Miller said...

Gorgeous engagement pictures!

Flip Flops on Fifth said...

so cute!!

Lib at Truly His said...

Just found your blog and love your pictures. Excited to follow along :)

Liesl said...

You both are so adorable and I just loved seeing your engagement pictures...so lovely! :)

Faith said...

I absolutely love your engagement pictures! Gorgeous!! Your friend is so talented!

The Sweetest Thing said...

GORGEOUS! Simply beautiful! I think I may do this also!

Leslie said...

Love the pictures when the wooden frames! So pretty! All of them are beautiful :)

Page Twenty-Two said...

These pictures are stunning!! Your friend did a great job! Beautiful:)

Mr. Taylor and his Lady said...

oh goodness, these engagement pictures are absolutely adorable! you can just see how cute they are together! still loving this link-up.
xo TJ

Tara said...

What precious pictures!!! They are fab and you are gorgeous :)

Mrs. in Memphis said...

LOVE your pics!