Thursday, April 5, 2012

Gust Post: Taylor from Sweet Southern Nothings.

Hello Valerie's sweet followers :) I am Taylor from Sweet Southern Nothings. I am SO excited to be guest posting while she is on vacation! She has such huge shoes to fill that I will not even pretend my month's worth of blogging experience can come close to doing so! But want to know something I am filling??

.........

I love any reason to celebrate. Especially any reason to celebrate Jesus and enjoy Cadbury Eggs. A special time of year to celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus Christ! It is such a happy, hopeful time of thankfulness and reflection. I love Easter. I love spring, I love little girls in matching dresses, ruffle socks, and mary-janes who you also know slept in sponge rollers all night! I love egg hunts and bunny appliqued sweatshirts. I love the bright colors and Easter pictures of Deacon in an argyle sweater holding a bunny.

God gave his only son so that those who believe in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life. On Easter, we celebrate the Rising of Our King! Hello, he arose....from...the dead! That is like a triple-star reason to celebrate! The thought of this makes you (or me at least) stop at take notice of how awesome God is and how beautiful the world He gave us truly is! It is also a time to thank God that spring has sprung and that the dogwoods are blooming. (Well, it is!) While I believe in the true meaning of Easter and glorifying God, I also believe in a good egg hung. I believe children hunting plastic eggs and putting them in their little baskets, with their little tiny hands is glorifying to God as well. And I can't help but think that chocolate bunnies and smocked dresses are heaven-sent ;)


What I love most about the secular part of Easter is the baskets! That's what I am busy filling ;) I love giving gifts, and I really, really love a basket of gifts. I love little things and love searching for things over time that I know my recipient will enjoy, even the tiniest of things. The themes and basket prepping is almost 100% for my own enjoyment. Deacon didn't care or notice that his Christmas loot was an outdoors theme (Sleeping bag, headlamp, books, and flannels. How could he have missed that?) just like he won't pick up on the theme of his summer-time Easter basket. He won't care that I carefully selected that grass to match those trunks, but I think an Easter basket is a true labor of love! I am an equal opportunity Easter basket-giver. Chase (my boyfriend) is 24 and Deacon (my nephew) is almost 2, they are both getting baskets. These baskets to be exact... 

1. Neutrogena Kids Sunscreen Stick  2. Speedo Kids Goggles  3. Goldfish 
4. Mudpie Swim Trunks  5. No Spill Egg Coloring Kit  6. Pool Airplane 
7. Treasure Chest 

1. Southern Proper Tie   2. Boxers  3. Nature Valley Breakfast Bars
4. Sharpie Pens  5. Sports Illustrated  6. Sour Patch Bunnies
7. Propel Water Mix  8. Galvanized bucket 

See, Easter basket can be practical! Filling baskets with things that your loved one needs, or that you may even buy anyway, makes it easier for me to justify! I found both "baskets" at Homegoods weeks ago and stuck them back. You know they were cheap! As for the tie, I picked it up at a Christmas clearance and the boxers this past weekend at the Gap for $4.99. The goggles and egg dying kit were both found at TJ Maxx and most of the other goodies can be found at Target!

At Christmas, yes, it’s obvious you wanted ________. You may, or may not, distribute carefully selected wish lists, complete with pictures and links. Obviously, not me of course, but maybe you know someone ;) (Totally me, people want to know, they need to know.) But at Easter, it's an unexpected basket of tiny goodness that shows that you love them enough to know they needed some sunscreen or would love a new $1 floating airplane. It shows that you were thinking of them and you didn't have to. Nobody (over a certain age) expects an Easter basket, which is also why it is great! I just believe it shows a whole lot of love! 

The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you arelooking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here;
 He has Risen just as He said."
Matthew 28: 5-6 

I hope your Easter weekend is filled with family, friends, and some great food! I hope it is a time of thankfulness and acknowledgement of all your sweet blessings! 

Much love,

Taylor

9 comments:

Courtney said...

Yay, great post Taylor!:) I knew you'd be a big time blogger in no time! :)

thecoffeehouse said...

love this post. following taylor and commenting on every past post (sorry taylor). :)

The Pink Growl said...

Great ideas for the baskets- Very cute! Happy Easter!

Meghan @ More from Meg said...

I love your baskets!! The burlap bow is a great touch! :)

Daisy said...

That is such a great gift for my husband! Thank you for the idea.

ms.composure said...

very very cute and def VERY creative!!

http://infinitelifefitness.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

Francesca said...

love this post and also your blog! It's so nice!!! I follow you!
Pass to my blog and if it likes you follow me too, I will be so glad :D
kisses
http://francescagiusti.blogspot.com/

Tiffany said...

How fun!! I love shopping for gifts and putting them together.

Katelyn K, said...

Love your post! I am checking out your blog now :)