Thursday, April 19, 2012

Meet Nicholl

Today I'm going to introduce y'all to the gorgeous, Nicholl.
She is another new blogger and I'm excited for you to meet her!
She is from Memphis, but now her and her husband live in Miami.
Today she is going to tell us some fun things to do in her new city!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi all! I am Nicholl from Nicholl Vincent, and I am thrilled to be guest posting for Valerie! What a lovely opportunity to meet her followers and share a little bit of our lives here in Miami.

My husband Kyle and I recently moved here for his job and we are loving the city. As is with everything, it is not always rainbows and butterflies. We have to deal with traffic, and lots of it, overcrowding, and no parking-anywhere. But for the most part, Miami is incredible. The weather is superb, the culture is beautiful and the city itself is insormountably gorgeous. 

My favorite aspect of living here is the amount of things to do. Getting bored or running out of activities is not likely. That said, here are a few of the things we have loved doing, and recommend for visitors:
A walk down Miami Beach. It is a very tourist-y area, but it is for a good reason! Lot's to see and do, including Dash Miami, luxurious hotels and high-end shopping.


Of course. enjoy a relaxing day at the beach. Our favorite beach is Nikki Beach, because although it is still downtown, it is more low-key, and they often have beach-side entertainment such as live bands, a jungle gym and volleyball nets.


This is AWESOME. Free yoga classes on the beach three times a week at Bayfront Park. Mon. and Wed. 6 p.m. and Saturdays at 9 a.m. These classes are televised, so that's fun too ;)


The Sunset Lounge at the Mondrian Miami Hotel. Enjoy a luxurious evening while the sun sets over the beautiful Miami skyline.


The Miami Seaquarium on Key Biscayne.
You can swim with dolphins for a day, and even train them!


A night on South Beach. Remember every song ever written about Miami?...This is why. A night on south beach can appeal to every taste. Wonderful restaurants, nightlife, the beach at night, the art district  and celebrities amongst others.


Shopping with  like our favorite family...
The Dolphin Mall
The Falls
Sawgrass Mills
Lincoln Road
Aventura Mall
And many more malls to really shop until you can no more. 
Shopping here is much more affordable than it was in Memphis, and of course there is a lot more variety, which has been truly terrible for me. In a way...
Although I wish I could go on about the many things to do in Miami, I will stop at this. The Viscaya Museum. This is an Italian mansion turned into luscious gardens, and a must-see home tour.


Visit my blog to follow our adventures as we become south floridians! 


Until next time, 
Cheers from Miami!

14 comments:

Ash Louise said...

This was a really nice post, I liked seeing all the stuff you could do and the first picture of Miami is fantastic :)

Val said...

Such a wonderful post....makes me want to book a flight to Miami.

Amanda said...

I'd like to go to Miami now. Please and thank you! I could really use some beach time and shopping and yoga :)

Becky Borgman said...

All the outside activities make me a little jealous. :-)

Amy Powell said...

I've never been to Miami. this is a great way to learn about the city! sounds fun :)

Have a great day! {I have a giveaway going on right now & would love for you to enter! amyreneonline.com}

Abbey S said...

Daaaaang that Sunset Lounge looks perfect! And the beach... I need to be there now!

Whitney said...

Wow, that home and gardens are beautiful!!

Leslie said...

Ahh this post makes me miss Miami and South Florida SO much... I lived in West Palm Beach and Miami for 6 years during college!! I need a trip back to visit!

Allison said...

Free Yoga on the beach? I'm in! :)

Kate said...

Wow, sounds like an incredible place to live! Nothing like here in the middle of Iowa lol :)

Robin said...

Gorgeous! Can't wait to move to south florida!

The Sweetest Thing said...

Yay! Someone new to stalk :) I am sure moving from TN to FL has been a super fun change... all of that shopping, sun, & food... jeez! Nicholl, I have spent many a spring break/summer vacay in Miami - my best friend from HS is the granddaughter of Don Shula so I always felt like a celeb when I was there... my favorite place to go however was Fast Lane! (I always hoped I would catch Seth Cohen from the OC there because apparently that's one of his hang out spots!)

Allyson Butler said...

I can't wait to check out all these blogs you've introduced! Also, I gave your blog a little shout out over at Cupcakes and Candy Canes!

Allyson
http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

kristen said...

oh, i would love some yoga in the park. that sounds lovely.