Tuesday, April 17, 2012

San Diego: Day 3

This is the third & final post about my wonderful trip to Sand Diego!
We spent our last full day of the trip at DISNEYLAND! :)

We left Mac's apartment about 8 and made the 1.5 hour drive to Anaheim.
We stopped in the adorable town of Orange, CA to have breakfast at Bruxie.
Bruxie's menu is FULL of waffle sandwiches. Both sweet & savory, but we both went for the sweet!
 Mac got the PB&J & I got the strawberry creme brulee. They were both absolutely amazing!

After breakfast we headed straight to Disney!

I've been to Disney World in Florida many times, but this was my first trip to Disneyland. 
It was a very busy day at the park, but the weather was wonderful & we had a great time!






We had lunch in the park at The Hungry Bear restaurant in Frontierland. 
We'd heard great things about the fried green tomato sandwich there & couldn't wait to try it!
It was incredible! One of the most unique & delicious sandwiches I've ever had.
& it came with some yummy sweet potato fries. 

& I got the cutest honeybee cupcake for dessert! It was a lemon cake with honey icing. So good!

Okay, I'll shut up about our amazing lunch now & get back to the pictures :)













After a long day at Disney we headed back to San Diego & had a great dinner at BJ's Brewhouse.
Chicken pot-stickers & pizza. YUM! :)

Y'all know we had to have dessert after dinner! ;)

We stopped by Sprinkles to try their famous cupcakes. I am a HUGE Food Network lover & one of my favorite shows is Cupcake Wars. Sprinkles is owned by Candice Nelson who is a judge on Cupcake Wars, so we knew these would be some good cupcakes!


We got three cupcake: a red velvet, a dark chocolate, & a banana.
Our favorite was hands down the red velvet. It was perfect!

And that was our trip, folks!
Lots of sunshine, food, & fun! We had the best time!
We are already planning our next trip to San Diego! Can't wait to go back :)

Have a great day, y'all!

47 comments:

Tamara @ T {times} Three said...

I am jealous of all of this delicious food you ate... YUM-O!

Jill @ ACharmedLife said...

looks like you had a blast :) love that pink top of yours- so bright & summmery! xo

Sarah said...

Love it all! You are just like me..I always have to have dessert! We should create our on Food Network show where we tour all the sweet shops ;) (I wish!) The husband has been to Disney World, but I have never. We are so excited to take A in a few years!

Sarah said...

That sounds like such a fun day!! I've never been to Disneyland but I've been to disney world a handful of times. So fun! And all of your meals looked delicious! Sprinkles really does have some of the best cupcakes. Yum!

Jessica @ Lovely Little Things said...

Love your coral shirt and all of that food looks amazing!

xo

Sarah said...

What a fabulous trip!! :)

Crissy B. said...

You want to know what I'm most jealous of in this whole post??? The Dole Whip you got at Disney! I had never heard of those until I came back from my Orlando trip this time. I am so sad I was just there, but didn't get to try one! Looks like an absolutely fabulous trip!

Meghan @ More from Meg said...

Looks like so much fun - you guys took such great pictures - especially of those cupcakes!! YUM!

Meghan @ More from Meg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

This post totally made me hungry! :) I would love to go to Disneyland...I've been to Disney World so many times I can't even count them all, but have never been to DL!

P!nky said...

that food looks amazing! xoxo

Tiffany said...

How did you like California Adventure?

Tiffany said...

How did you like California Adventure?

Tiffany said...

How did you like California Adventure?

Emily said...

Fun!! That's so funny, I've been to Disneyland but never Disneyworld! :)

All of that food looks so yummy!

Married...with a Pup said...

Sounds like such a great trip! I've only been to Disney world as well. How did the Land compare?

Caroline said...

Fun! I love Disney Land!

Amanda said...

Glad you had such a fun time! I've never been to Disneyland either, so I'm a little jealous!

Shannon Marie said...

You literally hit up ALL my favorite restaurants! YUM! So glad you had a wonderful time. By the way- I love that top you're wearing. So beautiful! xo

Nakita Lili said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time! I am craving a San Diego trip now!

Mrs. Pedersen said...

Wow, the food looks and sounds amazing!!

Pamela said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day :) ohhh, the food! YUM! I love Cupcake Wars!! So neat!

Andrea D said...

Your vacation photos are making me so jealous! The hubs and I have talked about driving to San Diego for a little weekend vaca and these pictures pretty much have me convinced it needs to be ASAP! And you look so cute in that pink shirt :)

Andrea
Left brain, right brain, pug brain.

Sarah said...

How fun! Disneyland is fun...but I still like Disney World better. Those Pineapple floats ROCK!

Shayna said...

How fun!!! Looks like y'all had a great time! & I love your "1st visit" button! Cute!

Ariane said...

You girls sure know how to vacay! Thanks for sharing your memories; it's been fun reading them!

Kelly Ginn said...

ahhh love this entire post! I want to try that fried green tomato sandwich!

Allyson Butler said...

This all sounds amazing! I have never been to (either) Disney...aaaand the food sounds amazing.

Allyson
http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

Allison Taylor said...

hahah ohh my so much good food. Disneyland is so awesome! and your shirt looks great on you!

Cara said...

Hi sweet lady! I found your blog via 'and today was a fairytale' and I'm SO GLAD that I did! I love finding sisters in Christ who blog; it's like finding a diamond in the rough. I'm your newest follower! xoxo

Lauren said...

I love that you always post the food you ate along the way! Eating is new places is half the fun of a vacation!

Allison said...

AND you got to go to Disney?! I'm so jealous. I dream of Disney. Haha. Looks like you made the most of your day!

Heather said...

It looks you had a fabulous San Diego trip!

Tiffany said...

How much fun!!! We went to Disney world when I was younger, but I can't remember much about it. So jealous of all your fun and fod!

Laura said...

Looks like an awesome time! Love your outfit in these pics!

Whitney said...

Omg, I want those cupcakes!!

Tabitha Mahoney said...

Umm I need your coral top in my life. What a fun day.

I thought I was already following you, but I was wrong, so now its official and I'm excited to read all your posts.

Tab

Mrs. Pancakes said...

I think grown ups have more fun in Disneyland..thanks for sharing!!

Bri Rios said...

So jealous!!! Ryan and I are heading back to So-Cal to visit my fam and for a mini vacay. I definitely need to take him by Sprinkles!! Such amazing cupcakes :)

Bri Rios said...

So jealous!!! Ryan and I are heading back to So-Cal to visit my fam and for a mini vacay. I definitely need to take him by Sprinkles!! Such amazing cupcakes :)

sarah@totalbassetcase.com said...

I had a red velvet Sprinkles when I was in Chicago. SO good!

sophistifunk said...

i'm officially in love with your blog! those waffle sandwiches look heavenly :)

Janna Bogert said...

Aww! You went to the Adventure Park! We only went to Disneyland, but it was fun! I mean, it wasn't Disney World, but it was cool ;)

Anna said...

oh my gosh! Disneyland!
I want to go there so bad. I loved looking through these pictures!! :)

Katie said...

your outfit is so cute! and those waffles look amazing

Meg {henninglove} said...

bruxie is an amazing place!! i love it and their sandwiches are so yummy. the place isn't too far from me either

Emma said...

You're adorable!! What a fun trip!