Tuesday, September 18, 2012

1. Teaching Again

I have taken a second job!

I am still the Director of Children's Ministries at my church, but I am now also
the interim 3rd Language Arts teacher at Barret's Chapel Elementary School.

This school means a lot to me. It was where I did my student teaching back in 2011, so I was thrilled when the principal called me about this interim position! It is only until December, then I'll go back to ONLY working at the church.

So, how am I handling two jobs?
Well, I'm busy. And so SO tired!

This is a HUGE reason for my lack of blogging the past few months.
Having two jobs is definitely more overwhelming than I thought it would be.
But, the teaching position ends at Christmas break, so just 91 more days! ;)

I'm very thankful for both jobs. I work with amazing people everyday.

Stay tuned for exciting announcement #2 later this week! 

17 comments:

Michelle said...

Exciting! Congrats!

Michelle said...

Exciting! Congrats!

Sara Holt said...

That's exciting! I teach 3rd grade so I know its a rewarding job (:

Lindsay B. said...

That is so exciting, you go girl! So so so so glad you are back to blogging, have missed reading your posts!

P!nky said...

I've missed your sweet posts, welcome back!

Congrats on the new job!

Can't wait for the next announcement, I hope I'm right with my thinking!!!

Tess @ AModernSuburbanitesLife said...

yay for being back val!

Brittany said...

How wonderful! Congratulations!! You must be SUPER busy!

Nicole said...

That's so exciting!! I bet you are great at what you do! I am currently doing my practicum/student teaching in Kindergarten and it really does take SO much out of you!!

Erica Elia said...

Congratulations! Be sure to take time for you!
Erica

Erica Elia said...

Congratulations! Be sure to take time for you!
Erica

lori said...

congrats on the job! i am sure you are doing amazing!! make sure you are still able to get your sleep and take care of yourself, missy.

and i cant wait to hear announcement number 2... ;)

Kaity said...

That's awesome. I can imagine how that would be stressful, but having not one, but TWO jobs that you love is a huge blessing!

CONGRATS girlie!

Molly said...

Congrats on both of your jobs!! I know you are loving them and doing such a great job. Praying for you!

{Jessica} said...

Girl, I don't know how you do it! Two jobs! Wow. No wonder you've been a little absent on the blog;) Good to hear that all is well though, and looking forward to hearing about exciting announcement #2!

Whitney of Washington said...

Congratulations on your 2nd job! I know it's probably a big undertaking but I am sure having a new face full of excitement for teaching will brighten those kiddos days!

Kristen said...

So exciting! Definitely a good reason why you aren't around so much! I'd be exhausted at the end of the day too!

Nicholl Vincent said...

gosh i've missed you so!!