Thursday, September 20, 2012

2. Homeowners

I'm so proud to say we bought our first (& God willing last) home!
And our house is without a doubt my dream home.

Not because it's huge or fancy or brand new.
OUR house is my dream home because it is full of countless memories for me.

You may remember that in April my great grandmother passed away at the age of 92.
While I miss my Nanny dearly, I am honored to say that the house we brought was hers. :)

In this house I've had 25 Christmas dinners, 25 Thanksgiving lunches, MANY family birthday parties, & countless other special memories.

The ONLY three couples that have ever lived in house are: my great-great grandparents {who built it}, my great grandparents, & now us. {Is that cool, or what!?}

This house has so much sentimental value to me. 
And in June of this year, Jonathan and I brought it :)

We have been working all summer to turn the house into OUR home.
We've painted walls & kitchen cabinets, updated appliances, refinished the hardwood floors, laid tile & many other little projects. I still have a ton of decorated to do, but it is really becoming ours.

However I will NEVER forget all the wonderful memories I made
 in this house while my Nanny lived here.

My great grandparents.

{Unfortunately, my great-grandfather died before I was born,
so I don't have any memories with him in the house.}

We still have work to do, but I will post before and after pictures soon!
We are also adding a master bedroom/master bath onto the back of the house.
Hopefully construction will begin soon!

Our excited faces the day we became homeowners!

Our home :)

The BEST thing about living in this house is my neighbors.
We live right in-between my parents & my grandparents. 
It really doesn't get any better than that :)

Check back in a few days for my third and finally announcement! :)

38 comments:

Tiffany said...

That is the coolest thing ever! What a great history that house has. Yes, please keep it FOREVER.

And congrats on the interim teaching job, as well. Third graders are the best, trust me :)

Allison said...

It's adorable! We are actually living in my husband's grandma's home so I can definitely relate with you. It really is so special! Congrats to you! I have a feeling I know what the 3rd announcement is...hmmm.

Kaity said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a huge blessing that you've got built-in memories in your new house :)

Abbey said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting and so special that it's always been in the family. Also, you're beautiful. :) So much joy in that photo!

lori said...

congratss!! and that is so awesome that it was your grandparent's home. what a special thing!

Michelle said...

That is so awesome!

Kristin said...

congrats!! it is a beautiful home!

Pamela said...

Excited for you!!

Rachel said...

Too stinkin' cute! Can't wait to see pictures of the inside! :)

Amanda said...

How cool is this! :) I'm so excited && happy for you!! The house is SO cute, I can't wait to see the inside :) Yey!

Tiffany @ Austin Family Diary said...

That is so cool!!

Andrea {kerubo mama} said...

Congratulations!! Your new home is beautiful. So special to have so many memories in this house, and to now fill it with many more. Soak it in, these are the good days. xoxo

Whitney said...

What an adorable little home!! Cannot wait to see the final pictures of the before and afters. :)

Whitney said...

And if you final announcement is that you are expecting a little one, I am going to FREAK!! (all in a good way, of course!) hahaha

Victoria said...

Okay I am jealous! That is just the kind of future I want to start. :) Holidays where everyone already knows the plans, close ties, etc. Congrats on all of that! Love the house, you should show some pics of what you've been doing.

Mackenzie said...

LOVE YOU VAL!! Love the post!! :) So happy I was able to help while I was home! CANNOT wait for the final announcement!! ;)

Faith said...

Valerie, that is SO exciting! Congrats!

Tamara @ T {times} Three said...

This is just too awesome! I love that you have such a history with this place, I know that means so much! I can't wait to see more!

Shayna said...

Congratulations Valerie! Buying a home is such an exciting time but, to be buying your great grandparents home - that is just amazing!!! Congratulations again & I can't wait to see the before & after pics! I also have a slight guess at what #3 is but, I'll keep quiet... can't wait to hear/see!

Veronica Lee Burns said...

Wow how exciting! That is totally awesome, what a completely sweet place to live.

Erin said...

That is seriously SO amazing, what a great memory you guys are always going to have!!! Congrats!

Kristen said...

Oh my goodness. That is truly a special home! Congrats! :)

Whitney said...

Wow, congratulations!! This is absolutely incredible and I'm so happy for you! Looking forward to seeing some more pictures and your final announcement!

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness, that is the coolest/sweetest thing ever! You'll have to post pics of all your hard work! :)And living in between your family, that will definitely come in handy when you grow your family!! :) Congrats, congrats!

megan said...

What a special house to buy! Congratulations!

Brittany said...

That is so awesome!!! Cute house

Emily said...

SUCH an adorable house!! And the memories/sentimental value!? So wonderful!

Anna said...

Sounds wonderful! Congratulations! My husband and I bought his family owned home as well. It is so wonderful to keep sentimental homes in the family!

Crissy B. said...

Such a cute house, and I love all the sentiment to it! That's so amazing, and having family that close will be perfect! So happy for you two!

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren said...

Beautiful home! So glad you will get to continue enjoying memories there!

Kaitlyn said...

This is such a sweet post. I teared up a little reading it because it sounds like such a dream come true. What I wouldn't give to live next door to my parents. Here's to many memories made in your sentimental home. Congratulations!

Megan said...

What cute house and love all the previous memories you already have and cheers to the ones you will make! :)

lex said...

Super adorable house! Oh my!

Kristin said...

Love this!! so sweet

Hannah said...

oh!! that is such a cute little house!! : ) congratulations! I can't wait to see the pictures!

Jillian @ Newlywed in Nashville said...

That is so sweet and seriously the cutest house ever! Congrats! :)

Tess @ AModernSuburbanitesLife said...

aw congrats val! I had a feeling lol.

CMae said...

we just bought our first home too! have all the "little things" come up yet? the never ending fix it, tweak it, repair it list? Ours has! LOL