Monday, December 31, 2012

Goodbye 2012

Two thousand twelve was a huge year for me.
In the past year I...
...turned 25. Quarter of a century.

...started running and got in the best shape of my life.
{Hoping I can get back there after baby ;)}

...went to California with my best friend.

...got a new job that I love: Children's Director at FBC Somerville.

...celebrated our first wedding anniversary.

...vacationed with my family at the beach.

...bought my great-grandparent's house.

...stood beside my beautiful friend as she married my cousin.

...welcomed our nephew, Myles, into the world.

...found out I was pregnant with our first child.

...& learned our sweet child is a boy.

...started construction on the addition to our home.

A great year indeed.
However; I know 2013 will be even better.
In three short months our son will enter the world.
This will  be the greatest adventure of our lives and I could not be more ready to be a mom!
I'm looking forward to 2013 more than any other year so far. :)

Hope you all have a safe & happy New Year's Eve! 

19 comments:

Megan Elizabeth said...

such a great year for you! and btw...you looks so great right now, you're rocking that baby bump :) praying for you sweet girl!

Texas Tanners said...

Big year indeed. So excited for you to welcome your sweet boy in 2013. You will be a fabulous mom!

Laurie @ The Rookie Wife said...

your pregnancy is moving along so fast.. I'm SO excited for you:) xo

Tiffany said...

What a big year for you two! I am pretty sure next year will be FANTASTIC!

katie ridings said...

looks like a wonderful year. happy new year!!

dreaming en francais said...

What a sweet look back at the year. Happy New Year, lady!!

http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com/

dreaming en francais said...

Also, I think I owe you a super belated CONGRATS!!! That's what I get for going MIA on the blogosphere!

http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com/

Emily said...

What a big year for you! Happy new year!!!

Chelsea L said...

What an awesome year! I'm so excited for you :)

lori said...

such an amazing year... and i am sure 2013 will be EVEN better. happy new year, valerie!

Amanda said...

all of this sounds like it made a wonderful year for the two (now three) of you :)
My mom & I are planning on doing the Couch to 5K & I'm very excited and hopeful that I'll get in awesome shape.
I love that y'all bought your grandparents house.. it's so cute!! & what a neat story to pass on to your children :)

Have a wonderful, relaxing new year!
I'm excited to "meet" Miller in a few months!!
XO

Allison said...

What an exciting and very busy year you have had! Happy 2013!!!

Kristen said...

What a wonderful year. :)

Happy New Year!

Brittany said...

SO many wonderful things, all in one year! You guys are truly blessed!

Peace Love Applesauce- Terri said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic year.. Best wishes in the new year!

Karina Marie Powell said...

Such a perfect year.
You will be the cutest mommy! And seriously, I am so excited for you to have a little boy. I'm biased but there is nothing sweeter!

Britt @ The Magnolia Pair said...

Yay, what an exciting year to look forward to! I think it will be a really good one :)
Glad 2012 was so good to you! Hope your house renovations are going smoothly too!

Kate Kubler said...

congrats on the soon to be baby boy!!

Having a little boy is just about the best thing ever! I'm about to post a "new mom's guide to a baby" be on the look out for it! Hopefully it will help you!!!

Kate Kubler said...

also random, my blog name used to be along the way with K+J. crazy:)