Tuesday, December 4, 2012

It has began!

Construction has finally begun on the addition to our house! 

A few of months ago I told y'all all about how Jonathan & I bought my great-grandparents house in June. This house has always been in our family. It was originally built in the 1940s by my great-GREAT-grandparents! I have lots of wonderful memories here growing up, so this place is very special to me. Plus, we live right in between my parents & my grandparents. I love seeing my family EVERY day!

We have been living here a few months now and we absolutely love it.
But, we knew before we bought it that we wanted to add a master suite and the construction finally started last week! Here are some pictures of how it is coming along...




I can't wait for it to be finished! 
I'm ready to decorate and then start on Miller's room! :)

12 comments:

Emily said...

That's exciting! How fun to live in between your parents and grandparents!

Kate @ DCL said...

Looks good so far lol! How exciting :)

taylorlsteele said...

So exciting!

Chelsea L said...

Super exciting! :)

Laurie @ Keepin' up with the Scardinas said...

That is SO exciting! Looks great so far:)

Rachel said...

So happy for you! I'm sure it will be gorgeous. Can't wait to see the finished project!! :)

Brittany said...

So exciting!! I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Amanda said...

How exciting!!! :)

Nicole said...

SO SO fun! I love the history of your house. I can't imagine anything else being more special!

Faith said...

So very exciting!! I can't wait to see it completed!!

Sarah said...

I can't wait to see pictures of the progress!

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness this is such exciting news! I cannot wait to see how it turns out--then you'll have to give us a whole house tour!