Friday, January 11, 2013

Nursery Beginnings!

I am so thrilled to say we have finally started on Miller's nursery!

I was REALLY starting to stress about it. 
I'd seen lots of soon-to-be-mommies that babies aren't due until April or May almost finished with their child's room and we hadn't even started! I knew we better get to work or I was going to go crazy!

Last Saturday, I was in major nursery planning mode. 
I ordered the crib, changing table, rug, ottoman, changing pad cover, and the fabric for the bedding.

And it has all started to arrive! 

The ottoman is supposed to arrive today!
The bedding fabric arrived in yesterday! 
And the rug, crib, and changing table arrived Wednesday!

After teaching Mission Friends at church Wednesday night we came right home and got to work!
Or my husband got to work, while I watched, took pictures, and played music
 {Florance and the Machine Pandora, to be specific ;)}

Seriously, my husband is the best ever.
He worked ALL day long, then came home to do some electrical work on the new addition to our house, THEN he helped me with the preschoolers at church for 2+ hours, AND THEN we came home and he got right to work on the crib & changing table. All without one complaint. Oh, how I love that man. :)













 

I love them both and can't wait to start decorating next!


Miller,
Daddy & I got started on your room this week. We had so much fun! Your daddy is a blast and y'all are going to have so much fun together. Getting your room set up is making it all seem so real. You are coming very soon and I can't wait! I am counting down every day...{we are at 78 right now!} I am looking forward to all the fun times we are going to have in this room {and the sleepless nights}. You are going to be the biggest blessing and I already love you more than I ever thought possible. Every kick & wiggle melts my heart. I cannot wait to meet you sweet boy! :)

17 comments:

Kaity said...

What a blessing that your husband is such a hard worker- and that he's so handy! Sounds like a keeper ;)

Tamara @ Everything Happens said...

Your husband is awesome! You definitely got a good one!

Jenni Austria Germany said...

Miller is such a cute boy-name!

Morgan Neal said...

Precious letter!!

Victoria said...

You do have a prettybawesome guy there! :) Hope the room comes right together for you. :)

Meg Cady said...

Such an exciting time!! Cant wait to see the final product!

{Jessica} said...

I know you must be so relieved to have gotten started - you still have time, but I'm sure it's a relief to have those initial steps done and out of the way! I love the pics of your hubby putting Miller's crib together. So sweet! One day Miller will see how much work and love his mom and dad put into creating a special room just for him. That's awesome!:)

PS: Do I see a Target sticker on your crib box? We just ordered our baby boy's crib from Target too! They had the best selection and best prices, hands DOWN! Love me some Target!

Leslie said...

Love your crib and changing table!! And what a sweet hubby :) You are lucky you got your furniture so fast. We ordered ours and they said it would take 8-12 weeks before we would get it.

Kate Kubler said...

yay yay yay nurseries!!!

Here's a link to a post I just put up for first time moms! If it helps, please mention it on your blog:) want to get it out to as many first time moms as possible! So many things I wish I had known with C! Hope it helps:)

http://kateandkuby.blogspot.com/2013/01/a-first-time-moms-guide-to-baby.html

Tiffany @ Austin Family Diary said...

We almost got the exact same crib from target :) I loved it! Yea I can't wait to see your bedding, ours is on its way and should be here next Tuesday! So exciting!

Mrs. in Memphis said...

How awesome! I know you are excited. P.S. what camera do you use? the pics you are taking are so good. ;)

Brittany said...

What a beautiful crib! You are gonna have a blast decorating!

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

We did a white crib too! I can't wait to see how you decorate!! Crazy these boys will be here before we know it :)

Peace Love Applesauce- Terri said...

Oh, how exciting!!

Suzanne said...

I love white baby furniture :) So tranquil and beautiful!

Megan said...

I have pictures exactly like this when my husband was putting the crib together!! It just made my heart melt!! Ahhhh, doesn't it make it so real when there's a crib?!

Jess said...

We basically have the same crib! Love the white and clean look to the nursery! xo