Thursday, January 31, 2013

This week...

...I decided on a pediatrician thanks to a few friends' recommendations {including the awesome KatieKubler}. I am thrilled & feel confident this is exactly who God wanted me to choose for my boy.

...I am going on my first work trip. For those of you who don't know, I have been the  Director of Children's Ministries at my church for almost a year now. This weekend I am headed to Nashville with the Vacation Bible School Directors for a VBS Preview Event. I'm super excited! {But not looking forward to spending the night away from my husband...}

...I exercised THREE times! {Four if I go today :)} By exercising... I mean walking. But still. I hadn't done ANY form of exercise in weeks. I'm quite proud of myself.

...I had my first "Honey, will you stop by the grocery store on your way home" craving this week. I wanted needed ice cream. More specifically...gelato. Which is really strange because I've never had it before. But Faith posted about gelato this week and it was all I could think about. So, Jonathan picked me up a pint of Talenti's Carmel Cookie Crunch and it was AMAZING. Mill & I enjoyed every bite.

...I lost a pound. WHAT THE HECK?! I got the scale yesterday & was shocked. I guess the walking cancelled out all the gelato I ate. I'm interested to see what the doctor's scale says I weigh at my appointment on Monday.

...I cooked dinner THREE times. I used to love to cook, but since I've been pregnant I despise it. The crock-pot was my bff this week & it made Jonathan super happy to have some home-cooked meals :)

...I preregistered us for the hospital. Way to go me for being prepared!

I'm having lunch today with one of my childhood friends, who just had her first baby this month. A sweet little girl: Harbison Grace...She very well may be Miller's future girlfriend ;)

Happy Thursday, y'all!

14 comments:

LacyLouise said...

I despised cooking when I was pregnant too!

wHiT | Black Little Button blog said...

awe Nashville! I love that town. have a good time. :)
-wHiT

{Jessica} said...

I feel like a most of this post could have seriously been written by me! I have not been exercising like I should (but am hoping to get back to walking tonight, now that the storms have finally blown through our area). I have been craving a strawberry banana milkshake, but now that you mention gelato, that sounds good too. Which means I will probably be picking some up tonight, lol! I have had to force myself to cook dinner throughout this whole pregnancy. It's normally something I love, but for some reason have just had no desire to do while pregnant (the poor hubs has been making a lot of our meals lately). And I've been looking into pediatricians and pre-registering at our hospital. Loving that I have a sweet fellow blogger to share this pregnancy journey with! Can't believe precious Miller will be here in just a few short weeks! And our little one will be just a couple months behind him:)

Sara Cate said...

Have a wonderful trip and keep up the exercise! I just starting using 10 minute solutions prenatal pilates dvd and love it.
Have a great trip!

Mrs. Lovely said...

I'm right there with you week wise. They say that walking right now burns a lot of calores since we are carrying around so much extra weight. I try for 30 min every other day and feel pretty good. Keep it up!

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

Walking is the best! Glad you've had a good week!

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren said...

Looks like a great and productive week! way to go!

Sara said...

What is it about being pregnant and needing ice cream. GALLONS of ice cream! I have never craved ice cream like I did when I was pregnant and I'm not a huge ice cream fan. So weird. :) Glad to hear all is well. No stress about going down a pound - weight can fluctuate a lot.

Rachel said...

You are on a ROLL! I am so impressed, little mama! I can't wait for Miller to get here :)

Whitney said...

I love hearing about your cravings! I know mine will be crazy when that time comes :) Glad you're having such a good week!!

Hannah said...

wow! so productive of you! :) ... I meant to pre-register us at the hospital, but our little boy came earlier than we expected so I didn't get that checked off my list. It will save you some time once you get there :)

Gina Gao said...

It looks like you had a really productive week! I enjoyed reading this post.

www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

Laura said...

I lost weight too! I got on the scale several times to check, recheck, and then recheck again. I couldn't believe it!

Jess said...

Exercising 3 times?! Incredibly jealous! Have fun on your trip to Nashville. My Mom was a Children's Director and I always thought that would be such a fun job.