Thursday, February 7, 2013

Saw it. Pinned it. Did it.

Today I'm linking up with Stephanie @ Beautiful Mess to show you
 my latest Pinterest project for Miller's Nursery: his lovely new mobile!

Originally, I hadn't planned to have a mobile in his room. I really like the way the crib area looks & thought it might be too cluttered if I added something else. BUT {after browsing Pinterest} I noticed that lots of ladies were putting mobiles over changing tables now instead of cribs. 

I LOVED this idea and thought it would be a great way to add some extra color to his changing table area. & give him something pretty to look at during all the diaper changes ;)

So, I searched & searched Etsy. Found NOTHING I liked. Finally, I decided to check out Pinterest to see if they had any easy tutorials. I needed one with NO sewing involved.

I found a great tutorial for a mobile using card stock on this blog & it was just what I was looking for.
Super cute & easy!

Here is the original I saw on Pinterest


And here is my version


mid project

the finished product!

I have to give my sweet husband credit for this mobile too.
He had to tie all the knots for me & hang it up. Love that man :)

Any Pinterest projects lately? Go here to share them!





26 comments:

P!nky said...

The mobile looks wonderful! Great job!

xoxo

Pamela said...

Aww looks good!!

{Jessica} said...

How cute! I like the colors you chose better than the colors on the original! That will be super cute with the red dresser you posted about not long ago. Can't wait to see the finished nursery:)

KRISTIN said...

Just found your blog! Congrats on the little one!!! I just had a baby in November and love finding new mama & soon-to-be mama blogs! The mobile is adorable too. :)

Amanda said...

Very cute :)

Katie said...

Husbands are so wonderful, aren't they? My husband built my project this week too :)Thank you for linking up with me and Steph for our link-up.

Katie

SHAYNA said...

Aww it looks so cute!!!

Laurie @ The Rookie Wife said...

Ahh! LOVE IT! I seen a butterfly one I wanted to do for Savanna's Nursery. But it would be a lot harder then this and I don't want to get frustrated if it doesn't turn out right. I might give it a try anyway;)

Faith said...

it came out so good! great job!

Caroline said...

So cute!! I love it!

Quincee said...

ah, I love it! So cute and looks super easy.

Abbey said...

That looks so good! And I love the colors you picked!

Whitney said...

Wow, this looks great!! Miller will love it :)

Brittany said...

I love it. Nice and simple but it looks great

Alisa Marie said...

So cute! I love how colorful it is!!

Amy @ A Glimpse of the Gouglers said...

New follower from the link up! That mobile is great and I love the idea of hanging it above the changing table! I'll have to keep that in my mind for down the road!

Tiffany @ Austin Family Diary said...

Ahhhhh that's our inspiration for our mobile :) yours looks great!

Abby Devine said...

Soo cute!!!!

Jennie said...

Very cute!

Stephanie said...

This is so cute!! I don't have babies yet but I LOVE the idea of a mobile over the changing table! I mean, I'd need something to look at too if I was having my diaper changed! ;)

Thank you for linking up with us pretty girl! xo

Melissa said...

Love that! Too cute!

Nicole said...

Adorable. That looks very nice. I like the colors you chose. Stopping by from the Pinned It Link Up.

Nicole
http://adventuresofasemperfifamily.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

This text iѕ priceless. Where can I find out more?


Alsο νisit my websіte; used altec bucket trucks
Here is my web site :: altec bucket trucks

Anonymous said...

WOW juѕt whаt I waѕ searching for.
Cаme here by sеaгching fοг keуword
my web site: loans for bad credit

katie ridings said...

LOVE IT. I made my own mobile for Matthew too :)

Tara said...

Such a cute idea :)