Friday, February 8, 2013

you+me=him

We are now fifty days from Mills due date, people. 50!

Even though I definitely want him to stay in there for a few more weeks, I am dying to meet him.
I'm just dying to hold him, kiss him, see that face, & get to know his little personality. 

The main reason for this post today is my husband. 
The man is the BEST person I have ever met. 
He is so kind. SO incredibly kind. He blows my mind with his kindness.
He is also patient, loving, hilarious.
And my goodness is that man good looking ;)

As you can see, I think extremely highly of my significant other.
As I know all you wives out there do about yours! 
These guys are our life partners. Our very best friends.

& now mine is about to be given another title: DADDY.

Y'all. To think about him being a father gives me butterflies. 
I get very emotional thinking about him & our son. 

I think it is THE COOLEST THING that this baby we are about to have just isn't any baby. He is OURS. Jonathan & I made him. Out of love. He is going to have our traits (both physical & personality). He is a little bit of both of us. We created him. Me+my best friend.

Guys, I just think this is the most awesome thing in the world. To create a life with the person you love the most. With your very best friend. And I just can't wait to meet him in about 50 days :)

So my sweet Miller: 
You & I are very lucky. Blessed beyond belief. Because your daddy is incredible. You will find this out very soon. He is going to your best buddy. He will make you laugh. He will teach you about a lot things. He loves Jesus, football, hunting, working out, and war history. & he is going to want to teach you about ALL those things. Y'all are going to have so much fun together. He's also going to teach you to be a Godly man. I know this for sure, because he is the most Godly man I know. You will learn so much from him. More than I could ever teach you. He is going to be the best daddy. He already loves you so much. And so do I. I love you both. My boys :)

15 comments:

LacyLouise said...

So sweet!

{Jessica} said...

Valerie, I literally broke down in tears at my desk reading this post. This is a post that you should MOST definitely print out and put into a memory book for Miller. Or for your husband, for that matter:) Sweetest post ever. It continues to amaze me how much alike you and I are - I already have a draft of a very similar post entitled, "Letter to the Men in my Life" - written to my hubs and our baby boy - that I plan on publishing when I get a little closer to my due date. Once again, so thankful for you and your blog and your sweet heart! Thank you for sharing this today. You reminded me to say a little prayer of thanks for my own wonderful hubby and the blessings we have been given, including our precious boy!

Faith said...

Gosh, I love this post. The sweetest. Miller is one blessed baby boy :).

Karina Marie Powell said...

Awww I totally got the chills reading this. I love this! It truly is the greatest thing in the world! So excited for you pretty girl!

Lauren said...

This is precious! :) I know y'all are both so excited!

www.elle-pea.blogspot.com

Tiffany @ Austin Family Diary said...

Such a sweet post :) we are lucky to have such sweet men that are going to teach our little guys to be just like them!

Katie said...

Love this...brought me to tears because I feel the same way about my husband. Our little girl is going to be so blessed to have such an amazing dad. I often tell him how WE created her. She's part me and part him and no one else. Such an amazing and overwhelming concept :)

Caley-Jade Rosenberg said...

What an incredible letter and post. It has made my heart all warm and shed a tear... Mostly because I can relate, I know how you feel. There is nothing more special in life than creating another little miracle life with the man that you love.

You will also see when Miller is born how the bond between you and your husband when strengthen because you share the most important thing and being possible - real blood.

It is also scary and surreal at how you will look at Miller some days and see your husband and he will look at him and see you and you know that he is half you and half him. It is so incredible. Definitely God's beautiful making.

Happy weekend pretty preggy mama x

Nicole said...

Make me cry! So, so sweet Valerie. I can't wait to see your sweet little guy!

Morgan Neal said...

You are absolutely precious. I know he feels the same! Y'all are going to have one amazing little boy! So happy for you!

Tiffany said...

So incredibly sweet!

Allison said...

This is so sweet! You are so right about it being such a cool thing! Creating life? Wow.

Whitney said...

love this :) and I'm so excited for you!!

Suzanne said...

This made me teary...so, so sweet. :)

The Not Quite Military Wife said...

I can't believe it's only 50 more days!