Wednesday, April 3, 2013

One Week

ONE whole week.


Part of me feels like Miller was born yesterday. The past week has been a bit of a blur. Three and a half days in the hospital, then three and a half days at home adjusting to life as a family of three. Loving on our new baby & learning how to be parents.

Part of me also feels like Miller has been with us much longer than 7 days.  He has been such a huge blessing. Before he was born, I wondered how I feel when he got here. I knew I would be overjoyed, but I wondered if I'd miss all the "me" time. Being able to do what I want, when I want. Or that I would be scared to death about having the responsibility of motherhood. Having a new life that completely depends on me. 

Well, I can honestly say it has been the best week of my life. And I can guarantee my husband feels the same. Miller is amazing. He just AMAZES me. To me {like all mothers} my baby boy is perfect. I just stare at him in awe.

  I made that?!?! NO WAY! 

Motherhood is so incredible. My heart is fuller than I ever thought possible. 
I'm so thankful for my sweet M!

Here are some iPhone pictures of Miller's first week...





 













Miller, you are so SO loved. Our house is full everyday of people who come to love on you. You are quite the little superstar. But, I guarantee you that no one loves you more than your daddy and me. We are so thankful God gave you to us a week ago today. Our life has changed completely, we have never been so happy. We just melt every time we look at you. We both could snuggle you forever. You are our biggest blessing, sweet boy, & we are so proud to be your parents!

29 comments:

Victoria said...

He is so cute!!! I just love all of his funny faces. :) That is definitely my favorite thing about the first month.

Lauren said...

I love all of his sweet facial expressions and his cool outfits! I know he is one blessed little boy!

Tamara @ Everything Happens said...

Congratulations! He is so beautiful, Valerie!

The Not Quite Military Wife said...

I just want to eat him up! So sweet!

Rachel said...

Congratulations again, Valerie. I wish I could come and snuggle him! I think he looks like his daddy so far :)

Faith said...

He is so, so adorable!

Brittany said...

Miller is so precious!!! I love that little head of hair!

P!nky said...

HE is so handsome and precious! GOD is so good!

Congrats!

Brittany said...

He is so adorable. And he looks so tiny in your husbands arms. Too cute

Nat said...

Oh my gosh he is so precious!! Happy to hear the first week went well

katie ridings said...

It's SO hard remembering Matthew was that little & it was only less than 8 months ago!! Look at all those sweet little wrinkles & facial expressions!! Absolutely precious, congrats again!! You are going to have SO much fun!!

Meg Cady said...

Those beautiful, presious wonderful cheeks! I just love it! Congrats again. Motherhood looks beautiful on you!

Anonymous said...

Woah! I'm really loving the template/theme of this website. It's sіmple,
yet effective. A lot of times it's difficult to get that "perfect balance" between usability and appearance. I must say you have done a great job with this. Also, the blog loads super fast for me on Opera. Exceptional Blog!

my web blog small loans

Laurie @ The Rookie Wife said...

He is so precious! I love all the adorable pictures. It's amazing how much motherhood changes you, all those worries you have while pregnant just sort of melt away with the arrival of your new baby. I know you'll be a great Mom!

{Jessica} said...

He is so precious! I am loving how expressive his little face already is - I can just tell that he will have his mama's sweet personality:) The pictures of you and the hubby with him are priceless. So glad you guys are enjoying this new experience together - you are making me very excited for our son's arrival in just two short months or less!:)

Anonymous said...

Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically
tweet my newest twitter updates. I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

Also visit my homepage :: glass tiles

Carolyn said...

SO SWEET!! :) He's so precious and perfect!!

SHAYNA said...

Miller is so precious! Congratulations!!!

wHiT | Black Little Button blog said...

awe he is beautiful my dear :)
-wHiT

Emily said...

I feel the same way about Lilly who is two weeks old today. I just can't believe that I made her (with my husband and the Lord too), she is amazing. I totally know how you feeel! :) Miller is totally handsome. Who do you think he looks like? I think I see both you and your husband-a good mixture!

Anonymous said...

geotorelxzp consolidate credit card debt
debt consolidation loans

Allison said...

Absolutely perfect!!!!

Whitney said...

He is absolutely perfect, V!! I am so glad to hear you three are doing well :)

Adrienne Clark said...

Oh my goodness!! Looook how cute!! He is absolutely adorable!! Thanks for sharing the pics!
Adrienne
http://myblackwhitecolor.blogspot.com

Becca Moss said...

It goes by so so fast! Enjoy every minute of it and seriously take pictures daily! No seriously, do it I promise you'll be happy about it when he's one.

Liz said...

Such a sweet time with your new baby. Love on him lots! Time flies when little ones are involved.

Anonymous said...

Hi i am kavin, its my first time to commenting anyplace, when i read this post i thought i could also make comment due to this good
piece of writing.

my homepage ... fake ray bans

Leslie said...

Miller is adorable!! So happy for you and your family!

Delta Daisies said...

He looks like you!